What is HECC?
The Hockey Equipment Certification Council (HECC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, created at the request of USA Hockey in 1978. For a more complete description, go to About HECC.
HECC's Mission is to seek out, evaluate and select standards and testing procedures for hockey equipment for the purpose of product certification.
- HECC develops and establishes criteria and procedures for certification
- To design and determine the method of identifying the certified equipment (registered logo)
- To promote the use of certified products
- To monitor the program to ascertain its effectiveness on the sport of hockey
- To promote and sponsor research pertaining to the reduction of injuries in hockey
TO TESTING LABORATORIES, PRODUCT DEVELOPERS AND DESIGNERS, MANUFACTURERS, STANDARDS ORGANIZATIONS AND PERSONS INTERESTED IN ICE HOCKEY.