What is HECC?
The Hockey Equipment Certification Council (HECC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, created at the request of USA Hockey in 1978. For a more complete description, go to About HECC.
HECC's Mission is to seek out, evaluate and select standards and testing procedures for hockey equipment for the purpose of product certification.
- HECC develops and establishes criteria and procedures for certification
- To design and determine the method of identifying the certified equipment (registered logo)
- To promote the use of certified products
- To monitor the program to ascertain its effectiveness on the sport of hockey
- To promote and sponsor research pertaining to the reduction of injuries in hockey
MEETING INFORMATION UPDATE
Updated information for the HECC CERTIFICATION AND EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING May 2015.
TO TESTING LABORATORIES, PRODUCT DEVELOPERS AND DESIGNERS, MANUFACTURERS, STANDARDS ORGANIZATIONS AND PERSONS INTERESTED IN ICE HOCKEY.